Monday, January 3, 2011

a new year...

as promised, the lyrics to "times" by tenth avenue north =-) i suppose i should write a quick blurb. this song is amazing! to me the song really describes the internal struggle within a relationship with God. when i hear this song, i honestly think of my relationship with God and just how complicated it can get because of the battle between my heart and my mind, what i know and what i feel. it reminds me of romans 7:21-25a

"so i find this law at work: although i want to do good, evil is right there with me. for in my inner being i delight in God's law; but i see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. what a wretched man i am! who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

see, the amazing thing is that no matter what i'm feeling or thinking or what conflicts are going on in between my head and my heart, God has delivered me through Jesus. and as encouraging as that is, sometimes i don't know that, or acknowledge that. but what i'm learning--and what i intend on learning even more this year--is how prayer allows me to acknowledge God's "ever-present help". so here you go! enjoy the song. and happy new year =-) oh! and i would LOVE to hear about some of the things that you're looking forward to or are planning on working on in 2011 too! until then..."times".

i know i need You.
i need to love You.
i love to see You; 
but it's been so long.
i long to feel You.
i feel this need for You.
and i need to hear You;


is that so wrong?


now You pull me near You.
when We're close i fear You.
still i'm afraid to tell You all that i've done.
are You done forgiving?
can you look past my pretending, Lord?
i'm so tired of defending what i've become?


what have i become?


i hear You say
"My love is over, it's underneath,
it's inside, it's in between;
the times you doubt Me, when you can't feel,
the times that you question, 'is this for real? '
the times you're broken,
the times that you mend;
the times that you hate Me and the times that you bend;
well, My love is over, it's underneath,
it's inside, it's in between.
these times you're healing and when your heart breaks,
the times that you feel like you're falling from grace;
the times you're hurting,
the times that you heal,
the times you go hungry and are tempted to steal;
the times of confusion, in chaos and pain,
I'm there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame;
I'm there through your heartache,
I'm there in the storm,
My love I will keep you by My pow'r alone.
I don't care where you fall, where you have been;
I'll never forsake you, My love never ends.
it never ends."


No comments:

Post a Comment