Sunday, December 12, 2010

you are not alone...

i don't have much to say tonight; but i'm trying to be more consistent. so here goes! recently i've been feeling a lot and there's been a lot on my mind, which, for those of you who know me, is nothing new. but tonight, i wanted to talk a little bit about what keeps my head and my heart from exploding with all that seems to fill it. you see, i have blessed with amazing people in my life. my friends are absolutely wonderful. they know me. they love me. they tell me the truth. they let me cry. they support me. they remind me of the Truth. they share their food with me. they cook for me. they laugh with me. they give me things to laugh about. they encourage me in my dreams. they sit by the charles river with me, even when it's dark and freezing outside. they are indignant when people mistreat me. one even yelled out into the charles river the things i was too sad to voice. i have amazing friends. in addition to my family, God has given me several people who care about me and who fight for me. these people remind me of how deeply God loves me. in many ways, they are a manifestation of His love for me, almost like He's employed them to do for me down here what He can't necessarily do for me in Heaven. i love that i am so cared for. and the most amazing thing is that when so many of my thoughts and feelings are centered around feeling rejected or insufficient or all those other things that satan assaults me with almost every moment of the day, i have the facts of those relationships as ammunition to fight those lies with. 


it's not easy. but i'm so glad that i'm not alone. i'm so glad that i have people looking after me. and i hope that i am even HALF the friend and support to my friends and family that they are to me. i hope that the people in my life know that i would do just about anything for them--that it would be my pleasure, not to mention the least i could do especially after all that He's done for me. AND, on top of that, i know that there are other people who are going through the emotional and mental battles that i go through daily, probably even to a more intense extent than i am. and let me tell you, i would love to do for them what is done for me. i would love to be used by Him to support them. 


that being said, i'm convinced that you are not alone. God Himself is with you and is constantly reaching out to you. i know that from my own experience and from the lives of the people around me. and i'm encouraged by the fact that no matter how i feel, i am not alone. no, i have people who love me, who feel for me, and who fight for me on God's behalf. 


"I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love." hosea 11:4a

No comments:

Post a Comment